Monday, September 26, 2016

Project 2 MTR Analyze week, using ERDAS for unsupervised image classification and ArcMap for final touches. I feel like I actually hiked up a mountain after this lab....

This week we were introduced to SkyTruth which is a technologically savvy non-profit organization which promotes environmental awareness by using remote sensing and digital mapping technology.  I highly recommend checking them out!  We practiced with some exploration within ERDAS and ArcMap in identifying MTR areas on imagery using a supervised classification method.  For the main part of our analyze lab, we used our individual landsat section which consisted of 7 rasters (bands 1-7) and performed an unsupervised classification in ERDAS.  With untrained eyes, it is very easy to misinterpret areas but I applied some similarities I had seen in the explore image and did my best.  We created 50 total classes MTR or NONMTR.  We then used ArcMap to reclassify the image to show only the MTR regions.  I created a quick exhibit to illustrate my findings in conjunction with the work we had completed in Prepare week.


No comments:

Post a Comment