Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Module 5 Geopocesing in ArcDesktop

Part 1, Step 2: Explain how I set up my SoilErase model.
1.       Initially I reviewed what our goal was. 
2.       I then determined what inputs and tools I would need to use as well as the sequence in which they needed to run.  Since this was not complicated, I just jotted the information down on some scratch paper
3.       I then opened model builder and pulled the soils and basin layer into the blank screen
4.       I then pulled the clip tool into the screen and set the input feature, clip feature and output feature class
5.       I then pulled the select tool into the window, set the input, output feature class and SQL expression so that not prime farmland was selected from the previous clip tool result.
6.       I then pulled the erase tool into the window, set the input feature to basin, the Erase_Features to the previous selection result (soils_Clip_Select.shp) and the feature class to basin_Erase.shp.
7.       For the clip results and selection results, I made sure Add to Display was off; for the final result, I toggled the Add to Display on so that I could see the results in my Basin.mxd

8.       Between each tool set I chose autolayout, Full Extent, Verified and then ran the model to catch any errors early on in the process.  

The images below show the results after I ran my model and the flow chart of my overall process.

No comments:

Post a Comment